Future CCHSM Events through May 2024
These are a few of the events planned. Be sure to check the CCHSM website frequently for updates and additional information. (Ticket information will also be included on the website)
All events are at the CCHSM museum, 1011 Mansfield, Winfield unless otherwise stated
The current annual exhibit, “Once Upon a Time--Winfield 1870-2023”, is open through January 1. The new annual exhibit, “Trains, Planes, and Automobiles of Cowley County” will open February 15.
- Monday, November 20, 4:30—CCHSM Museum Friends Program: “Dwayne and Gene Peacock on the Peacock Roller Rink in Winfield”
- (Museum Friends will not meet in December. We invite people to attend the Celebrate Cowley County History program at 9 a.m. January 27 at Baden Square)
Events beginning January 1, 2024
- Thursday, January 18, 7:00—"Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War” camp mtg at CCHSM
- Saturday, January 27, 9:00 Baden Square-—"Celebrate Cowley County History”
- February 15—New annual exhibit opens--“Trains, Planes, and Automobiles of Cowley County.”
- Monday, February 19, 4:30—CCHSM Museum Friends Program: TBD
- Thursday, February 15, 7:00—“Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War” camp mtg at CCHSM
- Monday, March 18, 4:30—CCHSM Museum Friends Program: “Bonnie Hittle’s Postcard Books” Lisa Hittle
- Thursday, March 21, 7:00—“Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War” camp mtg at CCHSM
- Sunday, March 24, 2:00—Baden Square “Bonnet and Ball Cap Bash” An event for all ages. Watch for more details and ticket information on our website and Facebook.
- Monday, April 15, 4:00- 5:30 pm—CCHSM Museum Friends Program: “Rediscovering the Arkansas River” by Humanities Kansas Speaker: Hannes Zacharias
- Thursday, April 18, 7:00—“Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War” camp mtg at CCHSM
- Sunday, April 28, 2:00—CCHSM “Feed Your Need for Speed” (free event for all ages--watch for details)
- Thursday, May 16, 7:00—“Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War” camp mtg at CCHSM
- Monday, May 20,4:30—CCHSM Museum Friends “Cowley County Car Dealerships Through the Years” Gary Learned and others.
Watch for MANY additional events and programs being added in the next few months. A very FULL calendar is planned during this next year! Check our website: cchsm.com., Facebook, or email us at email@example.com for updates. We are open Tues-Sun 1 pm to 4 pm, phone #620-221-4811.
Cowley County Historical Society Museum has enrolled in the Dillons Food Stores Community Rewards Program.
If you have a Dillons rewards card, log into the Dillons Food Stores account, search for Cowley County Historical Soc. Museum either by name or LM545 and then click Enroll.
If you do not have a Dillons Rewards card, you can click on the appropriate link to begin.
Create an account, which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a rewards card. A rewards card is available at the customer service desk at any Dillons Food Store.
Community Rewards Home Page
Thank you in advance for helping the museum.
Videos of past programs.